Thursday 30 April 2015

Work Diary - Shoot 11

Evaluation

I found this shoot very enjoyable and am happy with the result. I decided to go to Brighton as this is one of my favourite places and I thought it would be a good place to go for street photography. I wanted to take more street photography images as it is an aspect of photography that I quite enjoy and have had experienced in. I took a lot of photographs as there was a lot to take pictures of. I found that due to the sun my pictures showed highlights, shadows and tone very clearly, which improved the quality of them. There was also a lot of depth to photograph due to the many rows of shops and long streets, which was a good quality in many of my images.

If I had to point out a negative aspect of the shoot it would be that I tended to use similar camera angles when taking my pictures, rather than a large variety. This is because I mostly took pictures of long streets or walls, so I used a similar camera angle to capture the depth. Despite this I think this camera angle works effectively as the depth is clearly established and the size of the area is emphasised, and the images still vary due to content.


 
The above image is one of my successful ones from the shoot that I went on the edit, showing a vandalised wall. Firstly I took it from this angle in order to clearly show the formal element of depth, emphasising the length of the wall. Due to contrast, the clear lines of graffiti can be seen. The bins in the distance add to the image and the graffiti on them can be clearly seen even though it is far from the lens as the white contrasts significantly against the dark green. The fact that we can see the building is quite dirty adds to the urban, feel and reinforces the idea that this is an abandoned building. The metal shutters on the windows also does this.

 
This picture is one of the weaker ones from the shoot. The main problem with this image is that there is not specific focal point of the image. Because of this there is a lot to look at and the image is quite complex. Despite this, I like the range of colours in the picture.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment